The non fishing fishing report???

Gotta txt from wormdunker, off for the day(too windy) so he wants to go for a quick shore fish.

Im down

He gets here late because I dont know the names of the stores in my own town and gave him the wrong directions ???

After a brief chat, we head to the spot and low and behold, 5 or 6 people are fishing there so thats a no go. My lil friend brendan had a lil smallie on so I snapped a quick pick

20160522_151945_zpsbdwxngmn.jpg

So the wind was rediculous anyhow, 40-50km straight into the face, so we forgo fishing, and I show him around RRFN. Checked out the rapids and seen a few small sturgeon shallow, also some jumping.

20160522_154024_zpse1ynuunz.jpg

20160522_154323_zps4rwzcevq.jpg

20160522_154549_zpslrw3djc4.jpg

Showed him the ancient "turtle head" rock, still had some offerings below it. Laid some tobacco and took a quick pic. Told him the story of why its called the turtle head

20160522_153540_zpsefilxno9.jpg

And a quick pic to show he was here

20160522_155809_zpsw5paabo1.jpg

After that we headed west to barwick for a few casts off the dock but it was far too windy.

So basically we just chatted and hung out.

Kinda a bummer but great company and a good way to kill a few hours?

sounds like plans are in the making for a LOTWs trip at the start june?

Thanks for stopping by bud! Always a pleasure

20160522_172848_zpsxywbzk8z.jpg

you must have used 3 then, cause I only used 1! LOL! It was a great time Rick, Thanx. If you guys ever get the chance to visit Fort Frances & Emo it's awesome! You'll need a guide such as Rick to show you around. The Sturgeon spawning beside the rapids on Rainy River was great! They have a sturgeon hatchery close by. I'm planning to visit Lake of the Woods in early June & spend a few nights near Nestor Falls or Sioux Narrows. Hopefully I'll have a few pix of the great walleye fishery this area is known for. Imagine - I'm also working here & getting paid for it!! With great fishing 1/2 hour up the road.