Where would you take your 4 year old fishing in and around Collingwood area?

fisher

I am heading to the Collingwood area tomorrow for a few days and want to take my son fishing somewhere around there - within a 1/2 hour drive.

Does any one have any ideas as to where I could take my son fishing for a few hours other than in Georgian Bay - as the fishing there is pretty off this year (either with or without a boat) for either Pike, Trout or even perch/sunfish. Since I am with my son, ideally the fishing should be decent.

I have been to Lake Euginia in the past from shore but was not very successful - unless someone has any tips on how to fish that lake and if/where to launch the boat there.

Try trolling up and down the Notty in Wasaga. All kinds of fish in there. There is a ramp in the park at the mouth and one at the marina by river road. Try drifting the bends just above river road. If you go slow and carefull you can get right up to the sand banks.

Good luck

The Notty has everything from sturgeon to musky (caught last year) and all trout/salmon, catfish it's not a pan fish or pike area though, there will be lot's of pay parking but expect the beach to be packed with tons of young partiers and sea-doo's everywhere.

I grew up in Collingwood and the bay is pretty much the only thing to fish, all the small lakes and ponds are private property and hard to find but there is lot's of rivers for salmon/bows but not to much pan fish or pike that I can think of. There's a few stocked fish farms around the area you could take the youngin.

Check behind McDonalds if you feel like catching a few Carp and the big grain towers at the docks in town, I've seen bass, pike but usually rainbows.