Electronics advise? NF

DaveRoach

I was wondering if anyone has experience networking Humminbird units with the Terrova and Ipiot link?

In a nutshell I have upgraded my trolling motor to the terrova with US2 and Ipilot link. I have also bought the HB 899 HD SI Di. My question is this. With the Terrova having built in Dual Beam Sonar I was thinking to use the 899 at the console and purchasing another unit for the bow to hook up with the terrova and network with the 899. I was hoping to use the follow contour feature of the ipilot link as a main way of navigating hands free with the terrova, so I have also purchased the Autochart program for mapping the lakes (kawarthas mainly), as the ipilot link will only follow contours from lakemaster chips.

Does anyone have any advise on what unit would be best for the bow of the boat?

Thanks in advance for your thoughts,

Dave

P.S I will make the charts available to members as I complete them

If you make your charts available here, they're going to come up for anyone on the web (not just ofc members) surfing the web. This website is REALLY well indexed by google (probably because the content is so awesome) so anyone searching will find your charts.

I use the 859 up front. I like it. It marks a 5/8oz bucktail in 100' of water and fish well. Some will tell u lowrance marks fish better. I think not - unless it is a Chirp unit maybe.

I like being able to share waypoints between my 899 and 859 via the Ethernet cable.

If you make your charts available here, they're going to come up for anyone on the web (not just ofc members) surfing the web. This website is REALLY well indexed by google (probably because the content is so awesome) so anyone searching will find your charts.

I'm sure my friend would have appreciated the chart prior to killing his lower end on a roque island (rock). Besides Navionics have already mapped the area, just not to detail.

Edited by DaveRoach

I use the 859 up front. I like it. It marks a 5/8oz bucktail in 100' of water and fish well. Some will tell u lowrance marks fish better. I think not - unless it is a Chirp unit maybe.

I like being able to share waypoints between my 899 and 859 via the Ethernet cable.

Thanks again, apparently better GPS with the unit also for spot lock.....499.00 at radioworld (dont tell the wife) :whistling: