Kinda stinky last night!!!

ccmtcanada

As of late, we've had people on the board ask if Bly and I ever get skunked. Bly posted a skunk report yesterday afternoon and now it's my turn!!! At least she saw a cool turtle...I saw NOTHING....haha.

I set up for Carp in my normal spot, but was concerned that I saw NO activity at all from them. I tossed my line in for about an hour and a half and NOTHING. :sleeping_02: Not even a line bump. One time I threw my line WAAAAYYY out there and I somehow had the biggest birds nests I've ever seen!!! LOL...must have had to cut about 60 yards off my spool. :wallbash: I then decided to change spots and I moved to a spot on the opposite side. I was still close enough to where I parked that I could see my car.

About 5 minutes of waiting there I look over to my old spot and what do I see? A SKUNK sauntering by where I was just sitting!! :wallbash: I should have just packed up and left at that point...it was a sign from the fishing gods for sure! But no...I stayed for another hour and half....had a few line bumps and one taker, but no hook set.

Oh well...thinking of trying a different local spot....had a tip that carp heaven was close by...will report later tonight....

thanks for finally making me feel better for getting skunked all the time :D

that is funny though lol ... maybe i should buy some skunk repellent and spray some on myself before i head out everytime (do they even exist?)

thanks for finally making me feel better for getting skunked all the time :D

that is funny though lol ... maybe i should buy some skunk repellent and spray some on myself before i head out everytime (do they even exist?)

Vic, spray yourself with cologne. If the carp aren't biting, you can try your hand at the ladies

If you don't want to skunk, say to yourself that you're just testing out your baits...At the end of the day, at least you've accomplished something (fish or no fish).

Alternatively, you can tell others you're just there to relax...Something you can't do with a carp at the end of your line

I never skunk...I'm just out getting my daily intake of Vitamin D :D

Edited by MJL

Mike, remember, at the time Cliff fished, he didn't even get any Vitamine D ;-)

I seriously start to think it's because of me that the never-skunked couple start to not catch... BTW, I was there yesterday afternoon, got a 20lb in the first 20 min and then one more taker but that fish didn't know how to properly hook itself.

Let's blame the weather, that huge pike caught there yesterday, and everything else ;-)