Finally

jil101ca

I finally found time to go fishing. Mark's grandpa sold his boat :( but thats ok because because Uncle Wayne bought it :thumbsup_anim: so Saturday night after work we took a drive to Kippawa to borrow the boat :clapping: . We got out on Nippissing yesterday, Mark, myself and Katrina. It was her first boat ride. Lesson learned: next time bring something for her to do as fishing from a boat is boring. She drove us crazy while we were trying to fish but loved it when the boat was moving. We launched from Sturgeon and went down the river onto the lake. I had my smart cast to use for the first time. Once we firgured out how to get it to work it showed fish... Now if we only knew how to catch the fish lol. Before we left I was looking at the rope on the anchor thinking it was old last year. I almost replaced it with a rope Mark uses for hunting but thought "no, if it was bad, Uncle Wayne would have replaced it". The first time pulling the anchor up of course the rope broke :whistling: so we drifted around. After a few hours we came back in. Not knowing the lake and where the real fish hang out we came back to the docks empty handed but smiling anyways. Loading and unloading the boat went very well. I guess that means we now have an idea what we are doing. It was still light out so we thought we would fish around the docks. Not a bad ending to a skunked day, we came home with 12 Mudcats a 1 1/2 or 2 each. Even Katrina caught 1. We have the boat for today as well so as soon as mark is ready off we go to buy an anchor and see if just maybe we can catch a fish from a boat.

Good fishin Jil. Nothin wrong with a few mudcats! :thumbsup_anim: Reminds me of a time when years ago my Dad took me fishing on the mouth of the Sturgeon river where it enters Lake Nipissing. Fishing was slow so Dad's trying to pull the anchor out of the water with no luck, so he calls me over to help. SNAGGED!! Or so we thought. We heaved and howed, and heaved some more, just to get it to the surface only to realise it was hooked onto a much larger anchor that would have been used on the tugs, or carrier vessels of nipissing many years ago.