Yamaha Grizzly opinions.

limeyangler

I'm also in the market for a good ATV.

My choice is going to be a Honda, not because it's "better" than the Yammie but because of the ability to shift gears manually unlike the Yammies clutch/belt system. Most ATV's use the same system almost exactly like snowmobiles use.

The Honda's use a transmission that is very similar to a car.

No belts to slip or wear out and the ability to stay in a lower gear when hauling something heavy.

I know my Yamaha sled (RS Venture GT) is very difficult to put along @ slow speeds.

We had a pair of older Honda quads up @ the lodge I worked at that still run great even after 30 years!!!!

OH, and my Yamaha sled is now 8 years old and runs like a top!!!

Have never had any issues at all. :D

I suggest riding a Yamaha ATV as the CVT and wet clutch setup is nothing like what's on a sled. Polaris ATV's are more like sleds (dry clutch) where the RPM's need to climb a bit before the clutch engages and is likely the same deal with your sled. However, the Yamaha ATV's are much different as they almost feel like they're shaft driven because there is instant response and engagement and there is zero problem towing heavy loads at slow speeds or on rough terrain. You'll snap axles before the belt slips with the Yamaha and the belts last forever.