Als Adventures Weekly Report (new Pic added)

spoonman

The fishing is only getting better with the great weather we have had. I managed to get out three times this past week and I met some great people while on my guiding adventures. John Hoffman is an Owner of a fishing academy in Boston. What a great business, and a really interesting guy, he runs a Non-profit organization and the goal is to take inner city kids off the streets and get them into nature. I really liked his idea so I met up with him in St.Catherines for some Salmon fishing. Check out the website at www.thefishingacademy.org Here is a guy with a great vision.

A couple pictures of his Van

DSC04289.jpg

What a great slogan, I love it

DSC04287.jpg

John and I had a great day on the water and it was a tough bite but we managed to boat 4 Salmon in less than 5 hours. I was too busy chatting with him to bother with the camera.

Spoons were the key to our success with Michigan Stingers, NKS being the best pick of the bunch. We had one really good chance of my wire dipsy with an a-tom-mik fly.

The next adventure off the week was casting for Pike off the Toronto Islands. Francisco and Jeff came from Guelph to experience their first real day of pike.

We found a nice area with some great weed growth and warm surface temps. The baits of choice were Rapala X-raps, and Rapala Husky Jerks. The day started off with a bang.

Jeff with a nice Toronto pike.

DSC04312.jpg

Sometimes I even forget how nice the Toronto Island area is. It is hard to believe that you are so close to the big city catching pike. We saw tons of wild life including, a beaver dam, ducks, swans, tons of carp and pike.

Here are some ducks on a sail boat “Mom and Dad”

DSC04333.jpg

Pike on a spinnerbait

DSC04329-1.jpg

Francisco with a nice pike

DSC04343.jpg

Francisco with another nice pike

francesco.jpg

Release Shot

DSC04319.jpg

Don’t forget your spreaders and proper tools when fishing pike

DSC04330.jpg

Salmon tommorow then, Musky hopefully later in the week.

Cheers

AL

www.alsadventures.ca

Edited by spoonman