Wormdunker boats 30" Walleye

Old Ironmaker

My pal Wormdunker of OFC fame and I headed out on Erie and launched from Nanticoke where my boat is docked. We were there early to find visibility about 1/2 mile. We waited about an hour and we could see enough that we wouldn't run into an Aircraft Carrier transporting ore.

Headed due South and set up in 80 feet of water and trolled to 110 feet. Bait balls that covered the screen right on bottom all day ( I saw one 30 feet deep) until packing up and heading in at Noon. The only Walleye caught was his 30" 8.5 pounder, he says 8.7 but his scale his fish. We were in 105 feet of water when his rod fired. Regardless it was nice fish and his biggest on Erie. I didn't ask him if he had ever caught one bigger, maybe he'll chime in. Caught on a 2 blade copper and perch colored harness down about 100 feet with a large Dipsy Diver, I think 150 feet back on number 3 setting. The surface current was unbelievable if I didn't watch closely the boat would take wild swings in both direections. It is eerie on Erie not being able to see any land marks. Without the GPS and compass we would have been in big trouble for sure. I didn't want to land in NY or PA because the exchange rate is terrible. If anyone heads out on that lake in a 14 footer without a back up compass no matter how many back up batteries on board they are nuts (you reading this Brian?).

I just thought he should get some Kudo's for a personal best.

I have a picture but can't post it. If someone can post it I can email it to them. PM me, thanks.

Edited by Old Ironmaker