Boat insurance

Yellow Fever

It appears to me that this is a pretty unusual claim. I am not an Adjuster, but I am a broker and one of my niches is Boat Insurance. As far as how they paid the truck and the house claim. Yes, the company who they guy was with would not deal with you personally, but they would deal with the other company who would represent you. So, your company would go after the other company for your damages. As far as the boat policy goes, it really depends on the company you were with. Most homeowners companies policies will cover small boats like 12 ft aluminum boats with 9.9's, even a little larger like up to a 20 or 25 Hp motor, for liability and for some damages coverage's. It is usually not much, $3000 or $4,000 maybe a little more but it is not designed to really cover boats. It is an accommodation only. Your boat should be insured with a Marine Insurance Company that knows boats and who's policies are designed to cover you and your boat. Generally speaking boats are covered for Replacement Cost for the first 3 years, then, as mentioned above, what is called Stated Value or Agreed Value from 3 to 9 years. At 10 years, the coverage then becomes Actual Cash Value. ACV means that they call several dealers and say what would you sell this boat for in this condition, with this equipment on it. Then you are offered the average of what they say. There may be some negotiation but not usually much. This is the way it "basically" works. There are always differences between companies. As far as Personal Effects goes, that varies by companies as well. In the program for Bass Boats that I run with Pacific Marine Insurance Managers and is approved for the Ontario Bass Nation members, we include $5000 contents and that is intended to cover rods, tackle, life jackets etc. It has a $250 deductible and the policy includes $2,000,000 Liability and a host of other coverage's designed for boat owners, not homeowners. If you are interested in the plan I offer, please go to the Ontario Bass Nation site and look under Member Benefits for the presentation. There are so many variables in this type of coverage and so many people that think they know what they want and are talking about. I know a lot but if I don't know, I always ask my company rep. to confirm the answer. There is a lot more to this then I can tell you on a forum. If you have questions, please email me at [email protected] , I would be pleased to answer any questions you have. I represent various companies that do boat insurance but the main one I use for Bass Boats is Pacific Marine Insurance Managers www.pacificmarine.ca

Nice first post........so where do you fish other then here.........LOL

Well! How about Lake Simcoe, Georgian Bay, south of Kilarney, (and our water only access cottage), Buckhorn Lake, where my parents live. Little Lake just north of Barrie, where I am, Gibson lake for Crappie this time of the year. Those my favorite spots.

Boat Insurance is such an unknown topic. Unfortunately, its a bit of a crap shoot for what the different companies offer. It seems to me that some companies get some of it, but not all of it, and then another company will get what the other didn't and then not get the other part. And then there are rates. I did a lot of digging and comparing to come up with the Pacific Marine Insurance Managers for Anglers with boats. Fishing equipment is not excluded or discriminated against. We are working on more enhancements for the policy and in fact, if you save enough money on the boat insurance plan, you could probably take that and more than pay for membership to the Ontario Bass Nation. I am in the process of opening it up to other clubs but have to give the best limits to the OBN as they were the first to recognize me and support me. I promise there is not much of a difference, but there is some. So, trolling the forums for the right conversations and to clear up misunderstandings, of course. Why let things that are not understood remain that way when I can help change that?