Looking for Cottage rental in August

kickingfrog

So the discussion around the mother's day dinner table turned to a cottage retail this summer. I figured it would be worthwhile to either see what was available here, or at least what others have done.

5-7 days sometime between Saturday August 22nd and Sunday August 30th.

Three pairs of adults

4 (maybe 2) kids age 4-8

1, maybe 2 dogs

Less then 5 hour drive from Barrie preferable.

Dockage for 1, maybe 2 boats-16 foot and a Launch somewhere near by.

Swimming area for the kids.

Personally I'd really like some solid fishing for some combination of walleye/pike/musky/lakers, but at least some bass and panfish for the kids will do. It's not about me, it's not about me. It is not about me.

Budget is somewhat flexible (Yay for grandparents) although hot and cold running maids is likely too posh for us and 3 of the women and 1 of the men (No, it wasn't me) said they're not using a thunder box or outhouse.

I'm a big fan of, and know, Nipissing but Temagami would also be high on my list... even though it's not about me.

Neighbours place (opposite end of our island) still hasn't sold...you could probably rent it for the week, but would have to find out if anyone is looking after it this year.

Protected area for the kids to swim off the dock.. docks front and back of island and town boat launch is only 3000 feet away. Beer 4000...

Have to appreciate the propeller twack of a Beaver at 8am...

Edited by irishfield

Neighbours place (opposite end of our island) still hasn't sold...you could probably rent it for the week, but would have to find out if anyone is looking after it this year.

Protected area for the kids to swim off the dock.. docks front and back of island and town boat launch is only 3000 feet away. Beer 4000...

Have to appreciate the propeller twack of a Beaver at 8am...

Let me know, if/when you find out. Not a chance I'm asleep at 8am with the kids there.

Okay.. I'll try to find out. Owner lives on Vancouver Island, his sister-in-law in Elk Lake. She's the possible caretaker, as our other neighbours won't do it anymore.

Only 3 of us on the island with 3 acres each. One of us has a 175' water slide... LOL, but not certain we'll be up there at all this summer.

Oh.. and the PPark is directly across if you want to put the kids on a sand beach. Boat over and drop them off on your way out to fish...

Edited by irishfield

Thanks. At this point our goal is a private cottage but lodge/resortsavn't been ruled out.

I might also go a little more nutts as well. For now island/boat access cottages have been vetoed. Thanks anyway Wayne. Maybe if it is on the market I could buy it since the inlaws won't come via boat.

Well you won't get a drive to cottage on Lake Temagami Rob.. there are two (other than the homes right on the waterfront in town). One is inside the PPark and the other possible rental looks across at Temagami Marine in inlet bay and is owned by Judy Garah (Lakeland Airways owners Mother)

• 1 month later...