Island lake or Rockwood?

netminder

I'm taking my young cousin fishing this Sunday and was trying to decide where to go. Looking for a fun and easy place to get to and have narrowed it down to island lake in Orangeville or Rockwood park. I'll be bringing a canoe. Any suggestions or tips on which spot is better this time of year? I know Rockwood stocks trout and island lake should be good for crappie and perch.

Which would you choose?

Thanks

island lake is a perch paradise for a kid.

I ice fished it a lot this winter and we couldnt keep the perch off our lines. Throw the odd dink pike in and youve got a kid entertained all day. There is even the odd largie and crappie but dont go out expecting to fill the boat with them.

You cant beat the accessibility of island lake either, with plenty of options for a a nice snack lunch/dinner with the kid right next door. its even within eyesight of a canadian tire in case you forget anything.

Edited by AKRISONER

pretty much confirms my opinion, thanks guys!

Although I did get an email from the GRCA saying the MNR stocked 500 Browns and the GRCA put in an additional 240 rainbows yesterday in Rockwood, in case anyone is concerned :)

Edited by netminder