Fluorocarbon leaders

Hi everyone,

I have been contemplating using fluoro leaders instead of titanium/steel leaders for some Pike fishing. Can I use this set up for Pickeral fishing too? Or should I tie directly to my lure when fishing for Pickeral? I'm kind of looking for an all around set-up that I don't have to change too often. Pike and Pickeral are the two species I fish for the most.

I'm currently using 20# Power Pro for line. There are a couple of reasons why I have not used fluoro leaders yet including my uncertainty for Pickeral. Here they are:

1. I'm not sure what the right # test/brand to use.

2. I don't know how to tie them directly to my line - Or do I use a snap swivel?

3. Do the Fluoro leaders make a difference?

I have seen the pre-packaged ones @ BPS. They are 50#+ test with big swivels and snaps that look like they would get caught on weeds quite often, so I decided not to purchase one. Has anyone else seen/used these?

All expertise is greatly appreciated as always.

I tye my own 80 lb test floro leaders for Pike and use them for Walleye as well. It may be overkill for the latter but it prevents against Pike bite offs where I fish. I mostly troll for Walleye with Smithwicks or Rapala's and the Walleye don't seem to mind the leader. I tye my main line to a swivel on the leader.