Wolly buggers, Mudler minnows, Mickey finn, Allys shrimp and a few black patterns. black seemed to work last year with some yellow and orange in it.

i would add in some elk/deer hair caddis flies, and maybe some hares ear, pheasant tail and prince nymphs, and i think you're pretty set.

I just read an article in Ontario Out of Doors mag this week about keeping things simple with fly fishing, the guy talks about ditching the vest, and just bringing what you actually need and not what you think you might need, 2 boxes of flies, a set of pliers/forceps, scissors/nippers, a few small split shot, extra tippet and leader material and that was about it.

It made a lot of sense to me, I mean if you bring 20 fly boxes for a day trip, you're just looking for a rough day, with constant reties.

i would add in some elk/deer hair caddis flies, and maybe some hares ear, pheasant tail and prince nymphs, and i think you're pretty set.

I just read an article in Ontario Out of Doors mag this week about keeping things simple with fly fishing, the guy talks about ditching the vest, and just bringing what you actually need and not what you think you might need, 2 boxes of flies, a set of pliers/forceps, scissors/nippers, a few small split shot, extra tippet and leader material and that was about it.

It made a lot of sense to me, I mean if you bring 20 fly boxes for a day trip, you're just looking for a rough day, with constant reties.

Yeah, our trek is almost 50k in so light packing is good. I bring rod, reel, 1 fly case,leaders and some extra tippet. That's all. I have my multi tool with me always