Ontario Heath Coverage

ketchenany

I have never paid for an eye exam due to Diabetes until 2 weeks ago. The test to look deep to the optic nerve cost me 40 bucks. I was going to question that one but don't want to spend 3 days trying to get to talk to a human being.

That test is to save the optometrist time and should be free. It can be done without the machine required but takes a lot more time.

in the states it is based on the choices people make, would you rather have a 30% tax rate and be able to pick the type of heath insurance you want but you have to make the payments and start them at a young age to maintain affordability when you are older

Here we pay 50% taxes and the governments make the insurance payments for us

On my yearly jaunt to Kansas for the NASCAR race, I got talking to one of my neighbors there. He told me that his family premiums were up to $1200.00 per month and he could no longer afford it.

as stated above he can afford to go to a NASCAR race for the weekend but can not afford health insurance, it is all about choices people make.

in the states it is based on the choices people make, would you rather have a 30% tax rate and be able to pick the type of heath insurance you want but you have to make the payments and start them at a young age to maintain affordability when you are older

On my yearly jaunt to Kansas for the NASCAR race, I got talking to one of my neighbors there. He told me that his family premiums were up to $1200.00 per month and he could no longer afford it.

as stated above he can afford to go to a NASCAR race for the weekend but can not afford health insurance, it is all about choices people make.

Having to choose between spending a couple hundred bucks for a weekend activity, or buying health care doesn't sit well with me. Thankfully I don't have to make that decision.

It might be that simple under Obama care but in the past it really didn't matter when you started or what you paid, because if you got really sick. Your needs could max out your policy. Worse if you were sick enough you were gone from your job (exactly like lots of people I know in Canada too). So you get well in the US and you start a new job, but not that long ago there with a PRE-EXISTING condition you might not be insurable at any price...

Also there is NO mathematical logic, that can be used to infer that prices for anything in Canada are higher because of Healthcare. Healthcare costs MORE as a percentage of GDP in the US and has for decades, so we are paying more up here for a different reason. In the end the citizens in both countries pay for healthcare and it is MORE expensive in the US, that fact can't be disputed.

http://data.worldbank.org/indicator/SH.XPD.TOTL.ZS

Edited by Canuck2fan