Iron Silk is Back

Sharkbait22

I see this Berkley has brought back Iron Silk and improved it. Has anyone tired the new stuff? I like the old Iron Silk but was thinking of trying Bloodrun too. Comments welcome.

I should add, please let me know where you have seen it for sale !

Edited by Sharkbait22

Interesting, I had no idea. Back in the day I loved Ironsilk as a mainline, however the one negative was it sank like a stone. It was great on small/med water, but terrible when making long drifts on big water.

The floating aspect of some of todays mainlines is such a huge advantage I doubt I could ever go back.

I was given a few spools of Bloodrun late last fall and so far have been VERY impressed with it! I'm still a fan of Nanofil when temps are above freezing but I'm thinking Bloodrun will fill the niche for sub zero float fishing.

Interesting, I had no idea. Back in the day I loved Ironsilk as a mainline, however the one negative was it sank like a stone. It was great on small/med water, but terrible when making long drifts on big water.

The floating aspect of some of todays mainlines is such a huge advantage I doubt I could ever go back.

I was given a few spools of Bloodrun late last fall and so far have been VERY impressed with it! I'm still a fan of Nanofil when temps are above freezing but I'm thinking Bloodrun will fill the niche for sub zero float fishing.

Hi Mike, What pound test Nano are you using? Does it cut into your hand at all? I do a modified Wallis cast. I've been using Nano for ice fishing for 3-4 years without issue - no casting involved though. I'll check out Bloodrun if I can find it.

back to m2b2: I can't do cut and paste, but google it. I think they first called it a copolymer line, now they are calling at a molecular polymer line or similar. The (old style) line casts very well and is very abrasion resistant, even in small diameter/light line.

Doug

back to m2b2: I can't do cut and paste, but google it. I think they first called it a copolymer line, now they are calling at a molecular polymer line or similar. The (old style) line casts very well and is very abrasion resistant, even in small diameter/light line.

Doug

Hmmm, interesting

Doug

Hmmm, interesting. Made by berkley.

I think Ill stick to braid, abrasion resistance isnt up to high on my list(unless the somehow make nanofil abrasion resistant with affecting casting distance

Hi Mike, What pound test Nano are you using? Does it cut into your hand at all? I do a modified Wallis cast. I've been using Nano for ice fishing for 3-4 years without issue - no casting involved though. I'll check out Bloodrun if I can find it.

I like 10lb Nano on my float reel. Have also used 12lb and liked it as well.

Beyond the fact that it floats it's so thin and slippery you'll cast 20% further without even changing your mechanics.

Just don't run it below your float because you can't clamp shot to it. You need to run a didicated shot line if you're using Nanfil.