Elvis Debungee ice fishing derby/donations

manitoubass2

I held an event last year of my fallen friend. a great person, a NADDAP (drug and alcohol addictions worker.

and ice fishing derby mainly for family and youth.

thats what elvis did, from baseball to hockey to pow wows. he helped anyone

so needless to say it was a great honour when his dad gave me the blessing to have an event in his name.

a post about outdated gear inspired me to post this well in advance

if anyone has gear that they dont need, please consider sending it for my event.

this is about families getting out, and youth catching fish. it really is a great cause

last year was our first year and it was awesome! we had some hiccups with 2 feet of snow before the event lol, but we managed

we had donations from the community, local business like homehardware and canadian tire. which was awesome! we raised $3000 for local youth sports, non profit of course.

and just as i had hoped, a youth angler dominated the derby! taking home $1300 2 trophies and a plaque, a snowmobile jacket, a new tackle box and two fenwick ice rods!!!

everyone of the 87 anglers went home fed for free, and with a prize. we had angler families from up too 500km away! it was awesome!

anyhow, if anyone has gear that is useless to them and wants it to go to a good cause please pm me. anything is helpful. i put together some starter tackle boxes for the youth so what you deem as garbage may be of use for me to pass on our wonderful passtime

the evis debungee memorial ice fishing derby is held on family day, so help out if you can or come down and fish!

emo ontario(RRFN)

mods you can move this if you need to

thanks in advance!!!!

That sounds like a great time. Good for you MB for taking the time and effort to do something like that for a good cause.

thanks! when a huge influence in the community moves on others have to rally to fill that enormous void cause he did soooo much for local youth. and I love fishing and often take out the local kids so it just seemed fitting. two of my buddies took over baseball but nobody has got on hockey yet which sucks. I might end up doing that too bit im not sure if time will allow me

anyhow, its a walleye derby but many people also caught their first sturgeons and said it was one of the best derbies they ever attended! and that blew me away being it was the first year!

I also had Elvis brothers band The Nighthawk Band play afterwards so everyone could get their dance on!

we even got donations from weechitiwin family services and had leather jackets embroidered with the tourny logo and those went to his parents which made us all cry when I presented them lol

hopefully we have good ice this year and I might actually move the event to LOTWs because that was his future plan, but who knows?