On to spring lakers

KraTToR

Well the boats been in storage all of 2 days and I'm already planning spring of 2015.

I always like to hit the Bay of Quinte the week after opener but I havent fished for early season Lakers since I was a kid.

Is there anyplace north of Muskoka, near North Bay?

I'm thinking ZAC Kipiwa Quebec but that's a touch to far.

That's what I mean about this forum. The quality!

Something about Jimmer's comment about Port Hope struck a cord with me. Back in the late '90s I used to fish the mouth of the Ganney in the fall and we used to catch Lakers moving up the river.

For sure there's going to be some big girls out front in the spring.

Thank you :)

Trout Lake near Noelville, After ice out find the flats in under 15 FOW preferably with a stream feed. Tie on a J-13 Rap and enjoy.

Several years ago I picked up a 22 lbs there and had one on for 30min which I could not winch off the bottom. Save for some massive air bubbles it released, I never got a glimpse of it. Likely the largest fish Ive ever had on and that includes other LT's and kings at over 35 lbs. I recall I went thru 3 cigarettes with that beast sitting directly on bottom 10' below the boat and I could not move him an inch. Eventually the hooks worked themselves free and the rap floated to the top.

Have always wanted to go back but moved out west and LOTW aint too shabby and under 2 hrs away.

Edited by wall i