Ottawa River

KraTToR

I've been living (for work) on the upper Ottawa river for the last few months. Does anyone here have info on fishing this part of the river?

I'm above the dam at Rolphton and I've fished at the mouth of the Demoine river and Duexs Rivers. I've had a little more success below the dam at the Swisha and points between Swisha and Deep River.

Caught several small walleye, sauger, and smallmouth. A couple of pike were in the mix as well.

I figure an un-pressured fishery should be much better than it is....

TIA.

Patrick.

I was visiting some friends up at Deep River and was excited when I found out they lived right along the Ottawa River. Unfortunately, I didn't have any luck, besides losing a few lures.

I saw a few people fishing as well, but didn't see them bring anything to their boat. It was really weird…rocky shoals, tea stained waters, and lots of drop offs (according to Navionics), but I didn't come across any fish at all. Not even any sunfish, perch, minnows, rock bass, anything, except two carp.

Hope you'll have better luck than I did for those two days. This was back in July and the mosquitoes were out in full force too.

Edited by FrankTheRabbit