FLY IN GRANITE HILL

GRINGO LOCO

Eric Rossetti and yours truly (Dave Gregory- GRINGO LOCO) flew in to Granite Hill Lake at PK Lodge for a week Aug. 16-23. Originally I was going alone but at the last moment Eric joined me. I had talked with Mike Borger who recommended several lakes, but being alone I was weary of some of the larger bodies of water Mike suggested. If I had known Eric would later join me I would have taken Mike's suggestion. Anyway Granite Hill is about 8 miles long and no one could get lost on it. It also connects to Buck Lake which is really three more lakes much larger than Granite Hill. Since it was my first time there I hired a guide which I planned to use for a couple of days. The first morning produced 3 walleyes and the guide and Eric had a skunk. I told the guide that we didn't need him anymore and set off on our own. Up to this point we were fishing jigs and minnows and after a few more hours I remembered when Mike Borger was at Buck they had to go to Lindy Rigs. I changed to a Lindy Rig and crawler and it was game on. The fishing wasn't limits and minutes but we caught over 300 walleyes for the week for sure as Eric counted his and caught 173 himself. The size was nothing to brag about as most were 15-18 inches with a few to 20 inches. We were also successful the last half hour before dark by anchoring and fishing the minnow on a light jig straight up and down. We caught nearly all our fish on Granite Hill in two locations as we had very little luck in other locations including Buck Lake. Our accommodation was not very good because we had their last reservation but we saw the other cabins and they were top notch. PK also has the American Plan which have outstanding accommodation. Everyone has 16 foot boats and 20 hp motors that include depth finders. The price was $890 American per week and included all the gas you could burn. There were no pictures of fish of note and I don't know how to post them anyway.

Coincidentally when we left camp and flew back with White River Air there was a group of four anxious fishermen to fly in to Pickle Lake based on one of Mike's Suggestions and they will post later. I think his handle is Grady 26 or something close to that

• 2 weeks later...

Coincidentally when we left camp and flew back with White River Air there was a group of four anxious fishermen to fly in to Pickle Lake based on one of Mike's Suggestions and they will post later. I think his handle is Grady 26 or something close to that

Gringo it was our group you met. Very nice to meet yourself and Eric

We had an awesome trip and I'll have a report up tomorrow night ideally

Gordy