John's Lake Fly In: 3 Dads + 3 Kids = A TON Of Fun!

solopaddler

Another great report Mike. Looked like a great father and son trip for all of you.

That cabin sure looks like luxury compared to the few trips i have had, but hey its all about the fishing anyways ....

"These short trip are my favourites, I've done a ton of them. Any longer on a smaller lake like that and I get bored."

I have yet to see if i could get bored after 7 days of great fishing .. LOL ... will find out in September !

Brendan never gets tired of fishing. If he looks fed up it's probably because he was ticked that I was reeling in fish LOL!

These short trip are my favourites, I've done a ton of them. Any longer on a smaller lake like that and I get bored. By the end of four days of fishing non stop I've had enough too. You can get a deal if there's an open slot between two groups, but it's a non issue for me. I'd be happy to pay full pop for a shorter trip assuming the fishing was good.

I never drive through the night, I won't do it. I always drive up the day before.

Oh, I just meant that his facial expression looked like "Dad, come on and stop taking all those damn videos and photos so I can fish!".

As for the cost, well, I wish I had more money than time....but, alas I do not, lol.

I also drive up the day before. My driving is bad enough without having to manoeuvre around moose and bears at night! It costs an extra day, so I know many people drive through the night.

Thanks guys glad you enjoyed!

OMG.....this dude is crackin me up lol. Reminds me of my nephew. Only now my nephew is 14 and starting to school me on the water. Wont be long before these kids are taking us on their trips :)

IMG_7368.jpg

That's my friends son Cameron, he's a great kid.

Awesome post. How long was the drive up roughly? Wondering if this is one of the areas Skud was telling me about. Wouldn't mind do a 3 or 4 day trip - looks like a lot of fun.

Adam I'm sure Doug mentioned this outfitter. A group of 4 can fly out of Chapleau which is maybe 71/2 hours from Barrie?

He just flew with White River Air in fact he's up there right now with his family. Another great outfitter with some awesome lakes!

Great report Mike! My wife loved it as much as I did :) And you know what that means.... we're petitioning my parents for 4 or 5 nights of babysitting!! lol We never had a honeymoon when we got married a couple years ago so this type of trip with only a 6-7 hr drive would fit the bill perfectly! Although she does demand the lake have many large pike that "fight like hell!" haha

Thanks for the fantastic read, I'll be in touch soon :clapping:

Edited by kenzy31

Great report Mike! My wife loved it as much as I did :) And you know what that means.... we're petitioning my parents for 4 or 5 nights of babysitting!! lol We never had a honeymoon when we got married a couple years ago so this type of trip with only a 6-7 hr drive would fit the bill perfectly! Although she does demand the lake have many large pike that "fight like hell!" haha

Thanks for the fantastic read, I'll be in touch soon :clapping:

I'm glad to help but I'm leaving tomorrow and will be off the grid until the 29th. Drop me a line then.

All of those lakes have pike, but it's usually kind of flukey to catch really giant ones. They're just not big enough bodies of water.

Some of the lakes would for sure offer a better chance though. Unlimited walleyes no matter which lake you choose. :)