Lexa 400...?

mike rousseau

Just wondering if anyone is using one...

If yes what ratio... What size baits you throwing... And how do you like it...

My quantum Cabo finally has run it's course and looks like I can not get the parts I need to fix it....

I'm thinking about getting the 6:1 as a "do everything" reel instead of the 5:1 or 7:1....

Let me know what you think

Mike

The lexa is nice and can handle some abuse however I do not like that the level wind does not go back and forth when casting. It has dug into the side of the spool a few times on me when castings with it not centred.

I would highly recommend the okuma Komodo. It is a bit smaller than the lexa 400 but much nicer in my opinion. I have put it to the test this summer and it's standing up very well. I prefer it over my lexa. Not as nice as a revo toro though so I would still say the toro is up there with the Calcutta for number 1 reel

Im fishing a 300 on a legend tournament jerkbait rod and I can throw most baits with ease. It can handle big believers, depth raiders, smaller cowgirls etc with ease. Seems to be the best low profile reel for the money. Would have bought a 400 if they had stock, extremely happy with the 300. 6.3 ratio is a good all round reel. 7.1 if you throw a lot of bucktails etc.