Whats the smallest 12 volt deep cycle battery out there? Weight wise.

misfish

Bought a Powersonic PS-12350 NB for my canoe. Weighs 25#. Is an AGM battery that does not spill. Paid $106 delivered from Amazon.ca in July.

Use a 30# Minn kota and ran it on speed 5 for 75 minutes for about 7km down a lake (2 in canoe and fishing gear). Speed was 6.2km/hr at the start,

and 4.6km/hr at the end. Use speeds 2-3 when moving around lakes Bass fishing and it lasts all day. My 5 year old portable fishfinder came with a

Powersonic battery and it is still going strong, thus the Powersonic purchase for the trolling motor. Would not use a motor larger than 30# with this

(small) battery.

Lithium-ion 12v batteries are by far the lightest on the market by a massive margin. They're used in extreme racing cars where weight is everything. But they're also $$$ and not worth it unless you're in a situation where every single pound counts.

I have a class 27 kirkland battery (largest deep cycle they make) and it's not too bad at just over 50lbs. Pretty much any flooded cell acid battery is going to be in the same ball park. AGM is a bit lighter, but again not really worth twice the money to save 5-10lbs if you ask me. Costco is the best value for 12V batteries in Ontario right now.

Don't get hung up on brands and whatever they claim the battery weighs on the internet. There are only about 3 major companies that make batteries and are rebranded by other companies. Just takes some light research on the internet to find out who makes a certain battery.