Cottage Life

BowSlayer101

Haven't been out in a while and finally got the chance this weekend. Went up north for 2 days, (saturday and sunday), first time on the lake saturday, we hit some rocky points with minimal luck, had a nice walleye come off and the biggest crappie i have even seen, thing must of been over 18 inches, hit a husky jerk! Was too late with the net and its mouth ripped open. We then decided to go enjoy the evening and boat around the lake but not without a little fishing in between! The speed was slow in the channels in populated areas so i though, why not troll a husky jerk? After 15 minutes of trolling, i decided to pack it in, reeled in with a few jerks in between, feel something heavy at the end of the line, its jerking a bit, then i pause and the weight at the end of my line isn't moving at all, i continue reeling in, see a nice pine at the end of the line, he saw me too and decided to swim down under the boat, man was i lucky to have strong line and a good reel, got him in the net and fished a few weeds and got 9 more little pike mostly on spinners. The next morning only got 2 pike, one hammer handle, the other decent sized. The evening is when the fun started, 18 pike in less than 2 hours, literally every few casts was a fish! All small little pike on spinners however i did lose a hog at the boat due to a poor net job. Got 1 walter trolling a small crank and a smallie on a spinner. Everyone at the cottage was happy as everyone else much to my surprise got skunked! Had a huge fish fry and brought some home for the bbq and to smoke, def. coming back up next weekend!IMG_20140803_204012_zpsa6823f8b.jpg[/urlIMG_20140804_123935_zpsd79080e5.jpg[/urlIMG_20140803_191539_zps94656bde.jpg[/urlIMG_20140802_202835_zpsc5f435a0.jpg[/urlIMG_20140802_202534_zpsbb666205.jpg[/urlIMG_20140717_222324_zpsa5c71053.jpg