New Boat Down-rigger help.

Lucky Linda

I wouldn't put a platform back there, I'd run removable pedestals instead.. After looking at your layout, you should have more then enough room and still be able to stand to retrieve/set the rods.

Sorry Bill. I used the wrong word...pedestals is what I meant.

Linda, I got wacked by lightning the other day and my e mail is down send me a reply to [email protected]... this one is a cake walk :)

Thanks for your most informative and helpful call Dave! I am feeling great about the pedestals and look forward to posting some pictures of the finished product! Hopefully with a big fish hanging off my line.

And thanks to all my OFC friends for helping me through this process!

I think my boat will be ready Friday! Yahoo!!

Linda

Hi Tony!! How is the derby going!?

Thanks for the help! I called them and spoke to Dave. He told me not to run a board side to side across the back as the boat is designed to 'flex' thus why its so stable. I am learning lots! Rod holders are easy! It's the downriggers that are giving me a headache lol

Keep telling me what I need lol

Thanks!

Linda

I understand his point, but I think you can design a board that will allow for that flexing. It the board is drilled with slots that run perpendicular to the gunnel and fastened such a way so that when the gunnel flexes the mounting fastener slides in that slot I think your problem is solved. A fastener riding in a slot. Above the board you have a washer then spring then washer, so that when this is mounted you have a spring loaded board that will allow the gunnels to flex yet can be removed easily when not in use.

Edited by doubleheader