Shore fishing around Elliot Lake ?

davew3

Next week my wife and I will be taking a drive to Elliot Lake to visit some old friends. It has been a long while since I was last there.

Can anyone provide some spots where we could do some casting from shore? Species is not an issue, just a place to relax for a while.

Any info would be appreciated.

Regards

Lots of places. Easiest to access is the boardwalk at the boat launch on Elliot Lake. Bass, pike and panfish. Small docks on Horne Lake just down from the miner's monument. Bass, pike and rainbow trout. What days will you be here? Perhaps I could help you in person. Number is 705 849 5240. Give me a shout.

Lots of places. Easiest to access is the boardwalk at the boat launch on Elliot Lake. Bass, pike and panfish. Small docks on Horne Lake just down from the miner's monument. Bass, pike and rainbow trout. What days will you be here? Perhaps I could help you in person. Number is 705 849 5240. Give me a shout.

Nice guy BOB!!

Thank you. Always willing to help a fellow angler. Been fishing this area for approximately 35 years and I love to see people catch good fish. I've taken folks out to catch their pb or even first of a species and I get as big a kick out of that as catching them myself.

Good morning Bob, Thank you very much for your offer. We are thinking of coming up next weekend, but it all depends on how my friend is feeling. He is going through chemo for lung cancer and we will find out later this week if he is up for a visit. I will for sure bring your number with me.

I will let you know before the week is out.

Have a great day.

• 2 weeks later...

Well, no luck in Elliot for my wife and I. My Godson took us out to a bunch of spots out on the White. But everywhere we went there were campers on the shore line. Tried a spinner in the Little White and got one chub :lol:

But at the Bay of Quinte we did better. Enough walleye for two dinners and some to bring home. All that driving and not one large animal to report. A couple of chipmunks.

Now back to work and hopefully down to Lake Erie this weekend.

Thanks Bob and CTDD for the offers though.

Regards