Ott river and some touladi...zec-style

Joeytier

Sometimes I like living next to the Ottawa river...actually scratch that I always love living next to the Oft riv. Had a couple hours free Friday evening so after a quick atv ride to the local creek to empty my minnow trap. I hit a local shore spot. I can almost always depend on a handful of small keepers from this spot so I was super surprised to lay into this 23" fatty. Normally I don't keep em this big but she made for an excellent breakfast :)

The minnow hole

59DBE30D-E3FF-404B-BBD8-1D74752F32B5_zps

03BCB702-C975-408E-ACB9-8C60DD81FF0B_zps

And I spent the last two days at my girlfriends familys hunt camp 60 + km's into one of the local ZEC's. saturday was spent cutting trails and laying gravel on the atv's but we snuck out early this morning to a lake trout lake known for big numbers of smaller fish. It didnt disappoint and in short order we had a stringer full of these tasty little guys. What they lack in size they make up for in flavour :) we took them on gangtroll/williams rigs pulled behind bells and dipsys.

DE4A7709-7520-4488-99B4-2042C360BABB_zps

F3508FD1-23DE-4A92-BAE1-823D746A4130_zps

20895F0D-281E-4FC1-BBEB-EED4002D2E54_zps

The wheels. Had to use the winch to pull the rickety old tank of a boat out of the water

F699BCFD-03EA-4E27-B805-253B3BA30981_zps

Many more plans for this area :)

Edited by Joeytier

Yeah! Very different in that there's WAY more hunters, and a lot less fisherman :). I didn't hear or see a single other soul all weekend and it's a madhouse during moose season

And a lot less of the stupidity you see in Ontario...no inconsiderate people at launch ramps, no OPP waiting to fine you for not having your paperwork in the correct order, or for having a beer in your boat. I love the ZEC's! I do try to avoid them with the ATV during moose season...