Geese/Goslings

Nanook

:rolleyes: Seeing the Pic's of Geese on Photoz's thread prompted this post

Was at B/cageon Locks looking a few boats over.My wife heard a commotion lower down from a gaggle of geese. One of the goslings had fallen into a space between two large rocks,and [according to my wife] was having trouble getting out, and the parent geese were very agitated.Jackie went closer to see if she could do anything[being a nature lover :whistling: ]. One of the Geese rose up and ran at her.hissing and flapping its wings.Wifey ran like h*** :clapping: As I was telling her of the danger's near Geese / goslings, the trapped one got out of the hole and all was quiet once again!!

Yup... tehy like to hiss at you and can be pretty aggressive... Never had on attack me but his and chase yes... they will give you a good bruise with their bite though... My little brother once got attacked by a VERY large swan and it bit him on the back of the leg giving him a huge welt... scared him soo much he didn't wanna fish the lake anymore lol...

I was attacked by a goose on a stand up jet ski in a no wake zone once.On a stand up ski you have to be on your knees or sort of dragging behind the ski when not on plane.That was a lot of hate to be sure.It quickly became a wake zone and I would take a ticket over a goose bite every time!Your better half did well for herself to run.

Joe