Finlayson point

Bassjunkey

I am planning to head up to Finlayson point provincial park for opener of pike and walleye. I am bringing my boat and plan to target walleye. Anyone have suggestion for what game plan I should follow to reach my target for that time of year and what would be my best bet for catching walleye?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

There are no Pickeral under the tree that's in the water beside my airplane! Those are called Bass... as I've told hundreds before that camp at the park.

I'd imagine, considering ice out will probably be the first week of May.. maybe even the second... that they'll still be very close to the streams they spawned in. That I'll let you do your homework on reading some Topo maps. Pike will probably be in the shallow bays up the North East Arm.

Now as for camping at the park.... do you have a significant other that needs a comfort station.. hot water (and that might even be questionable in May.. check the park opening). If you are just boating, fishing and camping via tent... save the $26 a night and just launch your boat and go camp on one of the Crown Land camp sites.