NF - Gazeebo Experts?

atvaholic

Well, the wife has laid down the law. She wants a gazebo this summer. The last cheap one we had blew away in a windstorm.

I see some of these newer ones that are made out of a rigid material, some are tin, some are a plastic like greenhouse material. They ain't cheap!

Do these things last? I'm guessing the tin one will last for years and may need to be top-coated with paint. I like the greenhouse one too, it was cheaper and larger.

Anyone have any experience? How do you keep these things down in a rainstorm? What do you do with them in the winter? I'd hate to take it down.

Definitely buy one with a permanent metal roof. The permanent roof is so you are not having to take down the cloth roof every fall and putting it back up every spring. Plus the cloth roof will only last 2 years before it begins to rip at the seems near where it is fastened to the gazebo. It happens from the breakdown caused by the sun and the pressure on the corners/fasteners.

I have a clothed roof gazebo that I bought at Walmart a few years ago for about $400 and it's a bit of a pain to put up and take down every year. It is already on its second cloth roof that cost me $120 to replace. Bit of a racket if you ask me.

Wish I bought one with a permanent roof. I think Costco sells them. I have seen them go for about $1100.

Hey Fisher. For sure it will not be a fabric one. Have had nothing but issues with those. I like the tin one, bur they also have the "permanent" ones that have green house material on the roof. Its some kind of plastic. Wondering if that will last? How do they handle wind?

I have one with a plastic roof got it at costco. The wind doesn't bother it i just screwed it in my deck and it's sturdy it had like two feet of snow on the roof eariler this winter . The only downside is the roof is like a corrugated plastic ( two layers the same construction as cardboard) and it isn't very resisant to hail mine is got a lot hail holes in the top layer.