any 911 operators on here.....busy signal?!

Steve

We just had a medical emergency here at work, where a lady became very ill, and 911 needed to be called.

We called three times and got busy signals.....is this normal? if so, man, are we in a bad state for emergencies!

Finally, almost 15 minutes after starting calling, we got through.....the ambulance was here in less time than it took to get through to 911! (which is a great thing of course)

We are waiting to hear how she is....but, what if it was my family member (or yours) dying.....how would you feel about 3 busy signals in a row?!!!!!

Holy crap!! I didn't even know that was possible. I guess we should never assume anything. I hope this isn't going to be the norm. Another budget cut? YIKES!!! You should definetely make a stink about it. I'd even call the paper(s) (a group at work collectively) to help make sure this doesn't happen again. This could be the cause of a tradgedy. Hope everything is alright.

she is at the hospital now, with our boss.....hopefully we hear something soon!

we'll be looking into reasonings for the 911 busy signals.....i wonder if there is a centralized 911 office, or if different cities have call centres....i am in mississauga.

You shouldn't have gotten a busy signal, if they are all tied up you should get a recorded message. Something was wrong either with the phone or something else. You could start by calling the Peel Regional Police communications centre and ask to speak with the call taker supervisor and see what they have to say about it.

Each region has their own 911 centres and the initial call goes to the Police and then if need be forwarded to the EMS or Fire.

Edited by caper