My year recap/slideshow

emjay88

You know Nooch?

Ha ha ha

First time I have seen a picture of him on the internet! I take it he is the one that switched you over to the dark side.....(plugs for bows).

Oh, btw, nice collection of species you got into this year.

Cheers, Ron...

You know Nooch?

Ha ha ha

First time I have seen a picture of him on the internet! I take it he is the one that switched you over to the dark side.....(plugs for bows).

Oh, btw, nice collection of species you got into this year.

Cheers, Ron...

I do indeed Ron,

he taught me and my friend how to steelhead about 10 years ago :) and yes he got us on the plugs too haha, great guy. They are just deadly this time of year

Cheers,

Matt

The pluggin' was interesting and you surely pounded a tonne of steelies on them. What kind of water do you generally look for when plugging? And do you try to keep baits beating bottom on the retrieve?

Great northerns too. Enjoyed your earlier season trip recap north. Gotta love those experiences.

The pluggin' was interesting and you surely pounded a tonne of steelies on them. What kind of water do you generally look for when plugging? And do you try to keep baits beating bottom on the retrieve?

Great northerns too. Enjoyed your earlier season trip recap north. Gotta love those experiences.

Hey Moosebunk,

I generally look for more pronounced defined holes rather than skinny in-between pocket water. I find the plugs work better in clear water believe or not as they can see the lure from far away where as if its really stained they won't see it till the last second and they can get spooked sometimes. I put a couple split shot about 18" up from the lure depending on how deep a hole and current speed etc. I usually start at the top of a hole and fan cast it down, just letting it swing in the current as slow as possible but maintaining the wobble, or if I can get in the river at the top of the hole and just do the heave and leave downstream, sometimes I'll just let it sit in the current and wobble and this way can induce some huge hits as it just pisses them off after a minute or two. Generally, the biggest fish I have caught have come on the plug.

Cheers,

Matt