Homemade Runners

hockeyplayerz_14

Over the past week I have been thinking about putting runners on my new hut. I purchased the Rapala M2 and so far, on the ice once its beautiful. I has the kodiak which is the big one man, but its not wide enough to have 2 rods going. I called a few plastic factories and found one in Woodbridge and called, the lady helped me out and found me a scrap piece of 3/4" thick and a decent size to make 6 runners but I only need 3. Paid 20 dollars for the piece and here the steps…..

The piece i bought, I can make 6; 1" strips at 4' long and then another 6; 1" at about 3 ft long, all for $20 :worthy:

IMG_2994_zps736b9e30.jpg

Cut at 1" thick on the bench saw, and torched the ends to fit the sled

IMG_29972_zps8de26ffa.jpg

IMG_2995_zps68bf6abc.jpg

IMG_2996_zpse27bc63e.jpg

IMG_2998_zpsf25aa8f0.jpg

The scrap came in handy when I wanted to fit the counter sink in perfect with no gap.

IMG_3002_zps3ef577c3.jpg

Drilled my holes

IMG_2999_zps7173ee89.jpg

Time to install. Hardware cost about $10, so in total 30 dollars for thicker runners than the $80 dollar ones. :clapping:

Edited by fishman2202

1/4" x 4' wide x 100 foot long rolls Simon... $775 each + delivery!

When I get my water slide done I'll see if I have any left overs from my TWO rolls to share.. :whistling:

Great job Alex... if nobody grabs the spares from you it's their loss, but you'll have material ready for next time if they don't!

Edited by irishfield

1/4" x 4' wide x 100 foot long rolls Simon... $775 each + delivery!

When I get my water slide done I'll see if I have any left overs from my TWO rolls to share.. :whistling:

You're awesome Wayne!

Oh….please do a report showing the waterside construction…that would be beyond coooooool!

Edited by limeyangler