Helping A Fellow Member

perodimi

Hi Folks,

Just wanted your opinion on raising money to help out a fellow member who recently lost a young loved one. His fishing boat has to be sold to make up a $7,000.00 shortfall in funeral costs.

He refuses my personal help. Losing his boat breaks my heart. He'll kill me if I mention his name but I obviously will if I can get this going.

Just wondering if something like this has ever been done here before or not?

For example, I would be willing to pledge $2,000.00 and maybe some or all of the rest could be made up here? Only 50 members at $100 a pop or 100 members at $50 would do it.

I don't believe in big ticket charities but I believe in something important like this.

Perhaps a trusted independant party on this board (Moderator?, Big Cliff?) would be willing to collect cheques and then pass them on?

Thoughts?

Peter

Edited by perodimi

WOW! I can't believe the response I've received in my personal inbox. Heartwarming indeed.

I've been in touch with the moderators already so that everything is transparent and above board. Hopefully we will be able to set up something tomorrow and then I'll be at liberty to disclose tthe affected party, even if he gets annoyed at me LOL!

In the meantime, I'll be passing the hat around the family.

Good Karma, hats off to you all.

Peter

even if he gets annoyed at me LOL!

Who cares if he gets annoyed really. You are offer a helping hand, he won't take it directly from you, and others here want to help too. I bet he breaks down in tears cause (I sure as hell know I would in my 'online friends' were so willing to help me out) at the end of the day.