cell phone plan for short trip to US

kickingfrog

I am semi-old school, brings my laptop to US all the time, Free wifi, I use free google phone and yap away for no cost, or use skype for international calls . Many places have free wifi, strarbucks, panera bread, mcdonald, malls, all Hotel or motel have free wifi, just park outside, and browse away for free. I also check for cross border busyness and decide last minute which border I will be crossing back to canada, to not have to line up way too long, especially avoiding lewiston bridge.

I am with wind or mobilicity here in GTA, cost 10-15 cents to text from US, and 20 cents for calling within US, no need to change plans. For other less important calls, I go back to using my laptop. I pay $20 with wind and they provide $5 credit every month for first 10 months, which I used for texting outside my zone, including using in US.

I was in Buffalo and bought a PC tablet from walmart US last week for $80, 7" size, tried and tested it, work very fast for wifi browsing and youtube images downloaded very clear and no freezing, but too complicated for emailing,or sending uploading my fishing picture, forced to use different cables, different emailing applications compared to my traditional laptop computers. It took me a while to familiarize with some apps, and getting used to typing on the touch screen. It's smart apps remembers new email and automatically compiled them and showed my what are new unread email, but someone who wants to use the tablet and check their email also need to register with googlel. After two hours of playing with it, I returned the PC Tablet back to Walmart Buffalo, best happy decision I made!

Edited by bassfighter