Ronda camp Shining Tree

wormdunker

I've been looking at their web site thinking of a trip in mid September. It's boat access only which is fine, outdoor toilet facilities. Want to take wifey & dog. We are in our 60s but quite adventurous.

Anybody been there? I emailed them 2 days ago, no reply. I just phoned them 5 minutes ago, got voice mail. Please commet.

We've never been there but anytime we've driven past their parking area which is visible off of Hwy 560, there's always lots of cars and boat trailers. We go past it at least 4 times a year in early June and mid and late July. Houston Lake Lodge which is just Easterly up the road a ways is also the same type of set-up. By that I mean it's water access only and it's "rustic".

Edited by Tootsie II

I have been on there lake several times while staying in shining tree. It's decent but the back lake Okawakenda is the one you want to get on. Rhonda camp has boats on it. My son and I were determined to get our boat up the rapids into Okawakenda and almost ended up turning the boat over. It was kind of scary for a little while.

Thanx for your replies. Ronda did reply the next day to say sorry we're all booked. I'm OK with that. I ended up booking at 3 bears which is good cause they have indoor facilities for wifey. They sound like very nice people. I'm looking forward to this adventure. I've fished the area a little south of Shining Tree for 6 years, just decided to try right in Shining Tree. We're going Sept 14 - let you know how we do.