Fishing "west Lake"

Ok all I am going to be out on west lake (PEC) near sandbanks PP, this weekend and was wondering if anyone has any idea of some good baits in there... Think its pike and walleye if I am not mistaken... any and all help is greatly appreciated!

Bill

Good Bass too Bill, (when season opens, as you pointed out :rolleyes:

For a hoot go over to the shoreline that runs along the sandbank separating West Lake from Lake Ontario.

Wade the shoreline (all sandy) and cast to the isolated clumps of floating weeds. You can walk for almost a mile casting to these clumps and they hold lots of Largies. Kind of a nice break from boat fishing while the ladies sunbathe on the beach. Just don't get confused and cast to the ladies. They fight waaaaay too hard. But if you find a lure the ladies hit on, let me know.

Hookset.

Edited by Hookset

Oh ya good point - I suppose my misguided info. would fall under "future reference".

Sorry about that Bill. I got all excited. I didn't have much luck with the Walleye when I was there.

Most people I saw were drifting thru the mid lake where the deeper water is. The lake doesn't have a lot of features and the Walleye that I did get were off the main point at the north east end. there's a trailer park / campsite there. File my bass info. for a few weeks.

Hookset.

Edited by Hookset