Deep River Walleye!

Waterdawg

Long time lurker, first time poster here. Just wanted to share my first time experience on the Ottawa. Left Thursday morning and arrived in Deep River around noon. Never fished the area so started asking around for places to stay and most importantly where to fish. We got a room at the Bear Inn (real nice! And reasonable rate) Had lunch, had a nap :), then went fishing. A few people suggested Swisha so thats were we started. Caught our first fish around 15 min into our first run and our final tally was 6 fish for the evening. The best time seemed to be around 6-8 and bite slowed after that. I really have no luck (or skill!!) when it comes to fishing for Walleye so thought we did real well for a new place. We caught all the fish on hot pink and chartruce (sorry about spelling, no check!). The next morning was a bit different as we only boated one fish. Had to get home to check on dog so it was short and sweet but am definatly going back!!! A couple of things to note though. First off the ramp off of Swisha road was great and free, i note that because the one in Deep River, on the Ontario side was $6.00. The boat ride was short and sweet as we got most of the fish across from the dock which is about one kilometer. If anyone knows where a good place to hook up with a sturgeon is I would love to experience that, and am all ears!!!

• 2 weeks later...

ya, don't do that. If the MNR or anyone who knows the regs sees you, they are gonna snap. It won't be like catching an out of season perch, it will be like catching a bottlenose dolfin out of season haha. Seriously, I wouldn't even bother, especially since you've stated your intentions already....if you want sturgeon, hit up the other zones in the north that have an open season or get a status card.