Mounting a through hull transducer

mattp33

Worked perfect!!! Next challenge

Wy the heck is this 80lbs terrova not feel like it has any balls. 2 brand new batteries with full charge and I lost the battle to the wind today. Maybe not the best test, it was more wind then I have ever fished I think.

Have to ask... are you sure you're connections are correct and you're not running 12v instead of 24?

It would appear as though this is too late but thought I'd throw it out there anyway. This is something I saw on the Vexilar website and was what I would've used had I gone with a "through-hull" mounting arrangement. I've never used it so can't say good or bad. http://vexilar.com/products/index.php?prodNum=ACE001.

Someone had posted that you can't shoot through aluminum hulls and apparently this is possible as as well. http://vexilar.com/products/index.php?prodNum=TB0023AU.

Hope this is helpful.

Edited by SylvanOwner

Have to ask... are you sure you're connections are correct and you're not running 12v instead of 24?

Ok so with all the sanding and epoxying I ended up putting the boat back together at about 1:30 in the morning. I inadvertently connected the 24V Jumper from ground to ground. I was getting really strange reading on the multimeter when I was investigating. Having a good long look at it revealed my mistake. Made the chages and the terrova now humms!!! I should have known something was up when the terrova was turning really really slow. Oh well, easy fix at least

Edited by mattp33

I inadvertently connected the 24V Jumper from ground to ground. I was getting really strange reading on the multimeter when I was investigating. Having a good long look at it revealed my mistake. Made the chages and the terrova now humms!!! I should have known something was up when the terrova was turning really really slow.

Good call Brian. I didnt see where he said it was turning slow,just alot of waves to deal with.

Glad yer all fixed up Matt.

Ok so with all the sanding and epoxying I ended up putting the boat back together at about 1:30 in the morning. I inadvertently connected the 24V Jumper from ground to ground. I was getting really strange reading on the multimeter when I was investigating. Having a good long look at it revealed my mistake. Made the chages and the terrova now humms!!! I should have known something was up when the terrova was turning really really slow. Oh well, easy fix at least

Sweeeet! Gotta love a cheap fix.