Simcoe Advice

Hi All,

I will be picking up the kid from Camp next Saturday (in between Bracebridge and Huntsville) and was thinking of stopping off and launching at Simcoe on the way back. Don't know tha lake at all from a launch, boating or fishing standpoint and would be looking for some advice. We could launch anywhere on the west side but directions are what I am looking for! Also, a spot to launch close to pike and bass is perfect. Not looking for a honey hole or anything, just some basic advice.

Thanks,

Chris

P.S. I know there are a ton of othe lakes that way too and would consider any of those as well.

If bass and pike are your target, I would suggest launching at Innisfil Beach Park or Monto Reno Marina in Lefroy. There is good fishing to be had nearby both access points. For pike and largemouth, look for deep weeds in the 10-15 foot range. For smallmouth, fish the shoals or islands in the area. Sand and rocks are key to finding them.

If you want a free launch, you can head down to the end of highway 89, and launch at the end of shore acres drive in Guilford. I think innisfil wants $20 or $30 to launch and park. There is reasonable access to pike, bass and perch in cooks bay.