Humminbird Fishin Buddy 2

davey buoy

Anyone have any experience with any of their models?. I know they are good for slow trolling or ice fishing so I've heard.

Have a chance on a really good priced one,just wondering if they are as good as I hear for what they are to be used for.

TIA.

Edited by davey buoy

Thanks for the reply.From what I see,down image shows depth, structure,and fish.The side scan as you say looks like fish and depth that all I can see so far. Should work great for a second finder or portable.Going to try it tomorrow. 45 hours on 3 C batteries. I can live with that. Already thinking where to buy a small 12v x4.5v dc converter lol.

Edited by davey buoy

Hope it works out for you, I was looking at portable fish finders for about two months now and it came down to the last minute when I was going to buy the Humminbird Fishin Buddy2, I ended up buying a Humminbird PiranahMax 175 Portable, I have yet to try mine out and only problem I have had with it is the fact I wasted my time driving from Welland to LeBarons in Mississauga to purchase it, that store has the worst customer service I have seen in a long time, the fish finder was same price at Sail, so I should of just went there, anyways weather permitting, I am going to try it out in the morning, good luck with yours.

Tried mine yesterday. Did everything I wanted a portable to do.The price I got it for,well that was a steal!Good luck with your new portable Frank 81!

Awesome, all that matters is that it works for your needs and I am sure the Fishin Buddy 2 would suite my needs too.

I just walked in the house from fishing all morning, my Humminbird 175 worked great also, there is a lot of carp in the river I was fishing in and they were registering on the finder no problem, seen some huge schools of them. The most useful part of it is the depth and water temps for me.

All we caught was some pan fish today, as we couldn't go down the river too far because the wind was blowing my canoe all over the place, was still a good day to try out the finder and cast some lines.