Whities on Simcoe...

cityfisher

Hey all,

Went out on my ussual whitie hunt on Saturday. Drove out from keswick in the am and the lake wasnt happy... Big Waves and highwinds made it interesting... We finnally got to the spot and took all of 2 mins to get my first whitie of the softwater season.

The rest of the day was like clockwork. Double headers left and right and fish and fish for most of the day until we left around 1ish. Felt like I fishing for 5 lb perch..lol

I took a couple long breaks in between after my elbow felt like it was gonna dislodge from my arm :) great feeling !!

We had one of our whities for dinner that night.. Fantastic !! Now i have to find the lakers on simcoe !!

img0287iw7.jpg

img0299hl2.jpg

Nice cityfisher, Looks like you and your bro are having quite the spring. Any Lakers? Now that the salmon are biting don't think I'll get a chance to get into the whitey's this year.You and Al are invited to saturday in Late may/june in Bomanville for some chrome. Have fun in Jamaica.

Nice cityfisher, Looks like you and your bro are having quite the spring. Any Lakers? Now that the salmon are biting don't think I'll get a chance to get into the whitey's this year.You and Al are invited to saturday in Late may/june in Bomanville for some chrome. Have fun in Jamaica.

Thanks Iceguy !! So far so good !

No Lakers !! I switched up baits midday hoping for some lakers and even went out deeper ( away from the crowds but couldnt find any in the area)Im going back this afternoon for a couple hours. Maybe today will be the day !

After what Alex told me about King fishing I dont think Id want to catch anymore whities ! I dont think im going out for whities again for a couple weeks but if i do ill give you a shout.

Im down forsure for some chrome ! Never done it on the big lake only in the rivert! let me know or alex know and ill call in sick :)

Jamaica will be good:) my mind will be cloudy for a week lol and when i get back bass is right around the corner !

Guest Johnny Bass

Great Report! I was gonna go whitie fishing with icefisherman though Greg agrred first! How long did it take you to get to the white fish spot from Keswick???What horse power is your engine?

Great Report! I was gonna go whitie fishing with icefisherman though Greg agrred first! How long did it take you to get to the white fish spot from Keswick???What horse power is your engine?

Johnny !

I have a 135hp on my 18' sea ray BR... It ussually takes me 15 mins but because the waves were massive and the boat was going airborne i took it very easy... Took about 40 mins.

Guest Johnny Bass
Johnny !

I have a 135hp on my 18' sea ray BR... It ussually takes me 15 mins but because the waves were massive and the boat was going airborne i took it very easy... Took about 40 mins.

Thanks for replying.

40 minutes with a 135hp? It would have took me a few hours with my 40 h.p then!!! Lucky I didn't attemp it!!!