Sudbury Provincial Parks - Which one?

Stoty

Hey all,

My wife and I are planning a camping/fishing trip to one of the parks surrounding Sudbury in July.

We'd like to stay within an hour(ish) drive as we have family in Sudbury that will be coming to visit us.

Being the hardcore fisherman I am... fishing is the #1 criteria for me and the choice of parks will be made on that.

I'm interested in:

- Bass

- Walleye

- Pike/Musky

The three parks that we're debating between are:

- Halfway Lake

- Windy Lake

- Fairbank

Any info on these parks/lakes would be much appreciated.

I have been told by another member on the board that Halfway Lake is worth the extra 40 min drive. Any other people agree?

Cheers and thanks in advance for any help!

I did some research myself on this, I ended up booking a couple days at Wakimi and then a few more at Halfway in july. By all accounts the fishing seems to be better at halfway with less traffic then Windy or fairbanks.

Edited by bowslayer

Thanks for some great feedback!

Capt - I'm def open to suggestions. As long as they have nice washrooms (ladies coming) and hydro, I can handle the rest.

I'd love to hit some Walleye/Bass. Any recommendations?

My wife and I stayed at Halfway lake a few years ago, didn't do much fishing but I hear it is decent. The rest of the park seemed clean and well maintained, we enjoyed our short stay. Just 2 nights and did some hiking.

Capt - I'm def open to suggestions. As long as they have nice washrooms (ladies coming) and hydro, I can handle the rest.
I'd love to hit some Walleye/Bass. Any recommendations?

I have a good friend runs this place: www.lakair.com

Only transient camping, good docks... marina and great fishing... walleye, bass, pike and musky

A small clean park.. very clean washrooms

water and hydro at each site.

French River PP, downstream from hwy 69 is where I'd go, launching at Hartley Bay. All the sites are water access and obviously there's no services, but the scenery is spectacular as is the fishing for walleye, pike, musky and bass. It's precisely 1 hour south of Sudbury.

I have a good friend runs this place: www.lakair.com

Only transient camping, good docks... marina and great fishing... walleye, bass, pike and musky

A small clean park.. very clean washrooms

water and hydro at each site.

Thanks for the suggestion, I'll check it out.