York River in MCArthurs Mills,ON

Angus

Hi guys,

This is our first post. There's a nice fishing trip we are going to be taking around the end of May. Can anyone recommend a web resource or where we can find info on what to bring for fishing gear to York River in McArthurs Mills? We arent really sure what to bring depending on water conditions and fish species. We make better computer geeks than anglers but we are trying to change that. If you see us out there with our BlackBerrys say hi!

Thanks anyone who can help out.

Being an avid blackberry user myself, might I suggest a floating case... don't know how many times the dang thing has gone off while I am bringing a fish in. I keep waiting for that ker plunk sound.

Gotta love mobile technology. Now if they would only make it so that it floats!

Cheers, and welcome

Jen

York River through Haliburton and eastern Ontario? Should be your general bass/pike stuff, like a medium-heavy power spinning rod with 10 lb test, some spinnerbaits, leadheads and trailers, and hooks and weights for weedless Texas rigs. Weeds can get pretty darn thick in the section of the York I've visited. As well, from what I've seen, current in the river is almost nonexistant.