Algonquin Brookies Off The Beaten Track

solopaddler

Thanks for the kind words everyone!

Nice Mike! Was this the weekend of May 10th? I was in the park that weekend too and my trip turned more into a survival trip than a fishing trip ... ice cold water, freezing rain, blizzard, big lake waves, refuge in thick bush .. lol.... and I think due to the lake stratification effect not one fish was interested in a bite... I will do a report soon ..

thanks for sharing

Miro

Miro we left on Sat night before the weather turned really bad on Sunday. We had great weather except for Friday. It started raining heavy around noon and didn't stop 'till late that night.

Sorry to hear about your luck, it's been just a crazy spring for sure.

Guest ThisPlaceSucks

nice pics. there was still snow up in lake superior park for my trip so we had to fish a different chain of lakes than we planned originally. the ice out fishing was pretty slow however the snow in the bush allowed us to keep our minikegs "cold certified" and then some.

Nice Mike! Was this the weekend of May 10th? I was in the park that weekend too and my trip turned more into a survival trip than a fishing trip ... ice cold water, freezing rain, blizzard, big lake waves, refuge in thick bush .. lol.... and I think due to the lake stratification effect not one fish was interested in a bite... I will do a report soon ..

thanks for sharing

Miro

Sounds a lot like our trip as well (same days), except I was on the north end, on a big lake. NASTY

nice pics. there was still snow up in lake superior park for my trip so we had to fish a different chain of lakes than we planned originally. the ice out fishing was pretty slow however the snow in the bush allowed us to keep our minikegs "cold certified" and then some.

That's interesting about LSPP. There's a 50/50 chance I'll be in the park next week with my son, was wondering about conditions.

excellent report, Mike...as always...loved the video with Julian, we met him on Temagami in february when when we ice fished for lakers, awesome guy... :clapping:

Hey Bud thanks, I remember you well, we should have shared more beers ... I wish I had that giant truck you guys had to get around the ice

Guest ThisPlaceSucks

That's interesting about LSPP. There's a 50/50 chance I'll be in the park next week with my son, was wondering about conditions.

I think you'll be fine with snow by then! Even as we were there the last bits of snow around our campsite melted. I'm going to stick closer to the soo for this weekend to see if things are a little further ahead here. I see things being pretty decent for you next week if you make it up. ;)

I think you'll be fine with snow by then! Even as we were there the last bits of snow around our campsite melted. I'm going to stick closer to the soo for this weekend to see if things are a little further ahead here. I see things being pretty decent for you next week if you make it up. ;)

LSPP was my backup if the scheduled fly in fell through because of the late ice out. Just found out this afternoon the fly in is on. Pretty exhausting last couple of days though, I've been preparing stuff for two completely different trips LOL!

Hey Bud thanks, I remember you well, we should have shared more beers ... I wish I had that giant truck you guys had to get around the ice

Julian, good to hear from you ...hope to meet you again, until then, tight lines! :Gonefishing:

I really like this report!

The video of the trout fishing really put me there enjoying.the typical Algonquin landscape.

Put it on full screen and the video was incredibly clear and stable.

Your enthusiasm for fishing probably keeps you young and strong. :Gonefishing::canadian: