To catcha carp

Mike Pike

While the forecasters were calling for a nice break in the weather earlier in the week, I packed up the carp gear and hit up a Hamilton area swim.

Sunrisesmall.jpg

Using just a couple of kernels of corn on a hair rig and a small ball of method packed around my sinker, I cast out and waited. It wasn't long before the bite alarm told me I had a taker. After some confusion on my part, I was informed by a fellow carper that I what I had caught was a feral goldfish. A first for me.

Goldfishsmall.jpg

A few line bumps and drops kept me hopeful over the next hour, but things got pretty quiet so I packed up and mover to another location and then another.

I had just cast out my bait at this final location and sat down to enjoy the sun and scenery when the bite alarm screamed 'fish on' and I knew I had a good 'n. After a nice run and enjoyable tussle, which included the top half of my rod disconnecting and sliding down the line( don't ask me how ), I fumbled my way through the rest of the fight and brought a 15lb common to the net.,

Commonsmall.jpg

Hopefully I can get out and giver 'er a go again this weekend. Good fishing to all who do.

Edited by Mike Pike