Central Ontario Where is the Open Water

Part of my job is driving around southern ontario. This is what I saw today as far as ice cover goes. Valens-still covered with ice. Puslinch 1/4 open. Little Lake beside Puslinch-Should be totally open tommorow. Kings Ponds(Kitty Corner to Little) are wide open. Bannister was wide open and Wrigley still had ice down in the south end.Time to start hitting up some panfish.

If you guys want to know where the open water, have a look at these high resolution satellite images which are uploaded several times a day. Just click on the area you are wondering about, and look for a thumbnail to an image that doesn't have cloud cover. All of the images are dated, so you know exactly what the ice status is of 'your' lake or area.

These images are HUGE, and if you are on dialup, they will take a while to load. It is amusing that the US government is adding the caveat that requests you don't look at the images too often!

It sure looks frosty up there these days! There has been a lot of cloud cover the last few days, so it's hard to tell what's going on the last few. I'm heading up to Algonquin the first of May, so here's hoping the deep freeze thaws by then.

Or un-thaws, as we Hosers like to say, eh?

Cheers,

Pete

Edit: to provide the link, sheesh.

http://coastwatch.glerl.noaa.gov/modis/region_map.html

Edited by passthepitonspete