Big bay road parking

duxbware

Hi all,

Doing my first trip to simcoe for lakers. Can anyone tell me if and where you can park on Big bay road? I am sure its posted i just want a general idea on where to start looking. I am going to be there early on Friday morning. Anyone from the board here want to join me?

Thanks in advance.

P.S if anybody is aware of pressure cracks in that area can you let me know. We will be walking.

You can park pretty much anywhere up the road, its quite a walk. theres a residential side street that people park on at the very end of the road by the water. When i was there last weekend there was a huge crack right at shore but it was safe to walk around it. hope this helps

Thanks for the feed back guys. I plan on arriving fairly early. I am assuming the signs are posted clearly, so I can find a spot and walk for ten minutes to the lake then walk for another 30 minutes or more lol.

Is it worth my time stopping for minnows on the way up? I have the white tube jigs,white swim baits, various jigging raps and spoons.....

I will post my results when I return home.

Thanks Sinclair will leave the minnows alone. I just got off the phone with bylaw, to make it eaiser for anybody else reading this post you can park facing West on the North side all down Big Bay Point road. That pretty much sums it up. Now lets hope the fish are there.....

This weekend is buggered, but next weekend looks very promising.

A brand new clam ,and your saying it may not be a good weekend for fishing?.lol.Walking I believe you mean?.May try out close to me,the slush could be brutal.Cooling up tonight and the weekend looks like -temps.That can't hurt.

Just got back from Big Bay Point. No issues with the parking. I walked all over the place!!!!! and I mean all over LOL. I lost one quickly after hook up and marked about 5 other fish through out the day. Fishing was very slow to say the least. I had a good time and thats all that matters. Now I have to go find something for the nasty wind burn I got on my face. Thanks to all who answered my questions about parking. If anyone wants to hook up pleqase send me a PM.

Cheers,

Duxbware!!