Frenchman's Bay ice fish tournament

John Bacon

Here are the top two fish from the annual Frenchman's Bay ice fishing tournament. I helped a friend organize it.

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10152558589545282&set=oa.482571615124358&type=1&relevant_count=2&ref=nf

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10152558589180282&set=oa.482571615124358&type=1&relevant_count=1&ref=nf

It nice to see kids take three of the top five spots.

I recommend crampons if you are heading out this weekend. It was slippery out there. I feel twice my self.

Thanx for sharing that. Being in Oshawa I like to fish over there...just haven't made it yet this winter. I hope your day was a success. Went to Bobcaygeon yesterday and it was overcast here but beautiful and sunny up there...even hit a fairly heavy snowfall on the 115 on the way up before it cleared. Too bad you couldn't have had there sunshine down here for your tournament.

Loved the little ladies mittens

Lots of good memories of ice fishing on Frenchman's Bay...

Pick up a $0.25 scoop of minnows from Skinners in Toronto then catch the Oshawa bus out to Pickering the next day and walk down to the bay from Hwy #2 (no 401 in those days...late 1940s)... We would have our lunch, tackle (homemade tip-ups) and hatchet in our haversack (no augers back then)... Many times Mr. Skinner would show up to fish and would give us a lift back to T.O.... :clapping:

Years later I would take my kids to Simcoe to fish and if nothing doing would head down to Frenchman's Bay with our minnows and finish the day down there...I've seen it so good for perch, that I would have to limit them to one tip-up each so that I could keep up to taking fish off and rebaiting their lines... :canadian:

Edited by Beans