Tournament Sponsors?

mike rousseau

Having worked with a series that had several sponsors like Shimano, they all want a website that gets hits. if your website for the series doesn't look professional then chances are good you won't even be able to land a local marina as a sponsor. It takes time to get sponsors. they sort out there funds usually at the begining of the year, so year 1 is really tough, you will want to put the feelers out regardless. You might have your best luck with local marina's, tackle shops etc... One way you could do it is start out small, make a trophy out of pocket and tell them you want to call it the rapala big fish award, no investment for them, and they get there name out for free, if they want to throw in a rod or prize pack great, if not you are happy to have just there name while yo ugrow that sort of thing.

Going outside the fishing industry would be my biggest suggestion. Locally I am involved in a number of events each year, most of them charity or fundraising type events. However, they are big business, 10K 1st prize or boats etc.

With a number of events and a number of groups going to the same well for support all the time, budgets get too thin and this causes confilcts between groups.

Broaden your search initially if it grows your sales pitch to fishing companies becomes easier.

I've started talking to big companies in my area that are known for making donations to events/organizations in the area...

I got very positive feedback and direction from one business detailing what they want to see to get their support... So now its time to do my leg work and get what they're asking for...

Thanks a lot to all of you that provided information.... It was an eye opener...

Good luck with the endeavor... just a word for you and please don't take it the wrong way, but be very aware of your spelling and grammar when making any documented representation to these companies... they are professionals and are expecting to be dealing with professionals.

That said, you spelt Sponsors incorrectly in the O.P. title.

Again, best of luck.

HH

Good luck with the endeavor... just a word for you and please don't take it the wrong way, but be very aware of your spelling and grammar when making any documented representation to these companies... they are professionals and are expecting to be dealing with professionals.

That said, you spelt Sponsors incorrectly in the O.P. title.

Again, best of luck.

HH

Lol... Oops

But yes... I'm more careful in regards to business related documents... I usually type my emails in Word then copy to my email....

But very good point

Thanks

Lol... Oops

But yes... I'm more careful in regards to business related documents... I usually type my emails in Word then copy to my email....

But very good point

Thanks

It never hurts to have another set of eyes review any and all documentation before you release it, especially in the business world.

I honestly don't count on "Word" finding all the errors. You may well have miss-spelled a word that you meant to use, but the miss-spelled word is spelled correctly, but not the word you wanted! (My head hurts now! LOL)

HH

Edit - there is no "s" in regard. Just so you know~

Edited by Headhunter