Cottage Recommendation

Dan668

I asked this question last year, got some good replies. Solo Paddler gave me an excellent list which i managed to misplace somehow :wallbash:

Not sure how quickly these get booked. Normally we just camp, but since ive acquired a boat, and got a dog, i think ill stick to a cottage this year. Getting tired of the setups, takedowns and moves with camping. Were looking to go around the end of july early august. So 2 weeks. Before i had stated that we would drive up to 12 hours, unfortunately a few of my family members may not be able to get the whole time off so we've decided that a cottage up to 6 hours away from the gta will probably be best.

I did have a few places in mind searching online, but would like to throw recommendations you guys have into the mix. Waterfront would be preferred. Have to be allowed to bring a pet. Hope that fishing is good.

Thanks!

I asked this question last year, got some good replies. Solo Paddler gave me an excellent list which i managed to misplace somehow :wallbash:

Not sure how quickly these get booked. Normally we just camp, but since ive acquired a boat, and got a dog, i think ill stick to a cottage this year. Getting tired of the setups, takedowns and moves with camping. Were looking to go around the end of july early august. So 2 weeks. Before i had stated that we would drive up to 12 hours, unfortunately a few of my family members may not be able to get the whole time off so we've decided that a cottage up to 6 hours away from the gta will probably be best.

I did have a few places in mind searching online, but would like to throw recommendations you guys have into the mix. Waterfront would be preferred. Have to be allowed to bring a pet. Hope that fishing is good.

Thanks!

Google "Ontario cottage rentals" or something like. You will get a bunch of sites that manage rentals for hundreds of private cottage owners. They are often listed by lake, or region, or price, etc. They usually direct you to the owners web page and are full of photos and lists of what to bring and what is included.

They are invaluable and have landed us our best cottages over the past five years or so.

Good luck,

Jim.